Students should apply through the Complete Your Degree application on GoApply portal. The CYD program has the following criteria and preferences:
- Young adults who have already completed some college credits at MCC/WSCC or another college, but who are at risk of not completing their college education due to life needs and obstacles
- Young adults who previously tried college or university at a four-year institution
- Young adults who graduated from high school within the last several years, but who never tried college before
- Young adults who are single parents; those who would be first generation college graduates; those from single parent families; low-income; minority; TIP eligible (Tuition Incentive Program)
Instructions for our scholarship portal can be found here: CYD Instructions
You can apply for CYD’s 2022 cohort today at goapply2.akoyago.com/OCEANA ! In partnership with West Shore Community College and Muskegon Community College, adult students can apply to join 2022’s CYD cohort. Students can access renewable academic scholarships, emergency aid funding for barriers (like childcare, food, medical care, transportation needs), and work with a Success Coach.
The Complete Your Degree program is a project of the Community Foundation for Oceana County and is supported by these donors and endowed Foundation funds:
- Hager-Lacey Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Helen Hutt Scholarship Fund
- Randall & Linda Wagner Family Fund
- Phillip & Cathy Brown
- LaBarge-Beeber Family Fund
- Bluhm-Lockwood Trust Fund
- Mears United Methodist Church
You can help support Oceana’s adult learners by making an online gift to the Complete Your Degree Program Fund here.
Adult student scholarships are offered on a rolling basis to Oceana County residents (or residents of an Oceana-based school district) who have been out of high school for at least one year and/or have a gap in their post-secondary education. Adult students are often (but not always) prospective undergraduate students who are 25 years of age or older. Adult students may also have other identifying criteria, such as full-time employment, parenthood, care of elderly parents, or prior military service.
Scholarship applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until resources are depleted.
Scholarship Application is closed at this time, we are directing all scholars to apply to our CYD program
Questions? Call Hannah Naples, 231.869.3377, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should expect to hear from the Foundation within 30 days of submitting their application.