Urgent Needs Fund
The Community Foundation for Oceana County (CFOC) has established an Urgent Needs Fund to provide support to area nonprofit organizations, schools and governments on the front lines serving those most impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The Fund received initial support of $40,000 from the Foundation, several anonymous partners and Mrs. Mullen’s Closet Fund of the Community Foundation for Oceana County.
Urgent Needs Grant List as of 10/25/2021
We recognize that we are in unchartered waters – the length and depth of our collective hardships are unknown. We do know that our foundation is here for the long haul and that community needs will expand and evolve through this situation. Our goal is to be swift to respond to the basic needs of today, such as:
- Food assistance
- Mental health care to treat anxiety, stress and depression
- Isolation & loneliness concerns, particularly with our older populations who are often alone
- Educational enrichment activities, with school not in session (books, activity kits, art supplies etc)
- Safety equipment needs for health care workers & also government/nonprofit organizations serving the public
- Protection for our families and children (domestic violence and child abuse are unfortunately on the rise)
- Baby care items (diapers, wipes), personal care items for all ages
- Child care access for essential workers
- Medical care gaps
- Volunteer needs & instability for nonprofit organizations serving the public
We will also be diligent and thoughtful to work alongside all partners to help meet future needs – such as nonprofit operational support, economic development and more to be determined.
Established in 1989, the Foundation has grown with the County it serves and is growing resources now to provide the help when it’s needed the most. For those who would like to help, we encourage you to support the Urgent Needs Fund online here or checks are welcome too. Mail to CFOC, P.O. 902, Pentwater, MI 49449. Please note Urgent Needs Fund on the memo line.
We have opened an abbreviated application and review process for our Urgent Needs Fund to respond quickly to the immediate needs in our county. We realize the needs you are seeing on the ground are likely new or have greatly increased in demand. Awards of up to $2,000 are available to local nonprofit organizations to continue their delivery of services, especially to those most vulnerable and disproportionately impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and economic hardships.
In order to apply for a grant your organization must be an eligible applicant or applying under an eligible fiscal sponsor. Eligible applicants include 501(c) (3) nonprofit organizations, school districts, units of government, and other tax-exempt organizations that serve Oceana County residents.
Initial priority of funding is to provide support to organizations providing basic needs to Oceana residents, including:
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, reviewed weekly, and remain open as long as deemed appropriate. Approved funding will be disbursed in a timely manner.
Click here to access the application: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/OceanaUrgentNeeds
Every gift makes a difference.
Where and how is up to you.